About Amaze One:
CRM by Amaze One fuses information, ideas and ambition into powerful, profitable and lasting relationships. Amaze One is out of the ordinary and challenges conventional CRM practice by offering a mix of on- and offline services that is unique.
The agency is the collaboration between St Ives companies Amaze Ltd and Occam DM Ltd. It has been set up to break down the inherent silos of traditional CRM processes, providing insight-driven creative communications by blending data and digital disciplines to engage customers and deliver long-term, profitable relationships for clients.
Amaze One brings together more than 40 years’ experience of digital and data services, and a deep understanding of people’s behaviour, into one powerful approach. Its offering includes a breadth of channel and data understanding in a united suite of services – each informing, and being informed by, the other. These include: campaign planning, selection and evaluation; acquisition; lifecycle management; business intelligence and analysis; customer experience planning; content creation; production; optimisation; data management and database design; and marketing technologies.
Amaze One has >35 staff based across three sites in London, Manchester and Bath. Existing projects include work from existing Occam and Amaze clients.
What does this look like?
Identify – Through the use of information help an enterprise to enable its marketing departments to identify and target their best prospects and customers, manage customer contact opportunities and generate quality leads.
Inspire – The development of 1:1 relationships with customers, with the aim of improving customer satisfaction and maximizing profits; identifying and inspiring the most profitable customers and providing them the highest level of service.
Inform – Making all relevant information clearly available to all levels within the organization in a seamless fashion, streamlining all existing and future processes.
Innovate – Driving an organization to the next level, enhancing the dialogue with their customers making innovative use of today’s view of the business and data coupled with today’s view of the market.
Job Title: Business Director (6 month, fixed term contract)
Reports To: Client Services Director
Job Purpose: This exciting and dynamic position with Amaze One is based in our Bristol office. As Business Director, you will be responsible for the management and development of a number of clients, harnessing internal resources to achieve client satisfaction and revenue growth.
You’ll be expected to lead your team by example in providing best in class client service, as well as working with a range of CRM subject matter specialists to provide innovative solutions to our client’s business needs. In addition to managing and developing a growing team, this role will have significant input to developing and honing our ways of working within our blossoming CRM practice.
Whilst this position is a fixed term 6 month contract, since Amaze One is a new, hybrid data and digital communications agency, the potential for this role to flourish into a rewarding, longer term career opportunity is significant.
- Develop strong senior level relationships within our client base to grow these accounts and exceed revenue targets
- Provide timely and accurate billing projections within our monthly financial management process, updating internal forecast systems promptly with revisions
- Mentor and develop all members of your team, plus resource planning and recruitment as the business expands.
- Monitor the day-today aspects of your team’s work to ensure high quality output and sustainable management of the group’s workload
- Drive integrated process and thinking across client teams, driving high standards and fostering effective ways of working
- Play a lead role in pitching for new business, when required
- Work with the Amaze One leadership team to develop the CRM practice; defining new service offerings, extending our reach within the existing Amaze and Occam client base, ensuring we achieve great PR for the work we produce and helping to build our agency credentials
- Provide thought leadership on CRM communications trends & practices
- Develop and maintain a sound knowledge of each client’s market and industry to identify new opportunities appropriate to the client’s business
- Work with your team to develop strategic account plans for each account
- Own the strategic roadmap for key accounts
- Intimacy with our clients, their markets and business strategy, understanding and emphasising the value that Amaze One services provide and promptly responding to opportunities
- Create and promote good relationships across Amaze One, Occam, Amaze and other group companies through collegiate working principals that put the client first
- Develop a strong understanding of the Amaze One full service CRM offering and packages available
- Champion brilliant work through the agency that pushes industry boundaries, meeting our ‘Out of the Ordinary’ aspiration. This starts with excellent briefs
- Support our marketing effort with the provision of content for case studies, thought leadership articles etc.
- Leading by example, taking a positive attitude at all times, embracing opportunities whilst demonstrating acute commercial acumen, being creative, consultative and collaborative
- Successful onboarding of new clients, participating in the later stages of the new business process to ensure a smooth transition
- Demonstration of how client services add value to attract greater fee coverage for account management time allocation to client projects
Competencies/ Experience Required:
- 7+ years minimum in client-facing roles
- Experience of running CRM accounts and able to reference successes achieved
- Strong team builder, ability to lead and inspire multi-disciplinary colleagues
- Ability to plan, organise and effectively present compelling ideas and concepts
- Confident communicator, at all levels including C-suite
- Demonstrable ability to grow business by breaking into different areas of client organisations
- Excellent presentation and writing skills
- Good organisational skills, able to prioritise across multiple projects and focus the team
- Passionate about CRM, keeps abreast of latest thinking and best practice
- Able to combine strategic thinking with day-to-day delivery to meet client expectations
- Able to manage conflict and resolve issues; identifying the needs of a range of stakeholders, balancing client priorities and Amaze One needs
- Solid business acumen and financial knowledge
- Able to reference considerable, consistent commercial success through both organic account growth and winning new business
- Excellent knowledge of the full range of targetable and personalisable communications channels and disciplines; email, direct mail, social, phone, digital, content etc.
- Must be willing and able to travel regularly