Job Title: Account Director
Purpose of the role:
The Account Director will be responsible for growing one of Occam’s key accounts and the revenue within it. The Account Director will be expected to advise clients on how to achieve their business objectives confidently, and with gravitas, and they will be expected to build and sustain strong and long-lasting relationships with client-side senior managers and maintain frequent contact with any other third party agencies. They will be comfortable providing the client with real value to help them create profitable engagement through services such as CRM, Planning, Insight, Data and Technology.
The Account Director role will also include actively proposing and helping to implement new and innovative strategies in order to meet and exceed the overall revenue and profit targets.
They will support the Client Services Director in managing and motivating the team – working together to deliver an outstanding service in order to retain and grow the client account. They will take overall responsibility for the quality of work carried out by all team members, ensuring the agency has the correct level of skills to grow the accounts – and be seen as a true client partner.
Key responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Have an understanding of the role of marketing communications within a broader business context to ensure the agency role is marketing partner rather than supplier
- Proactively advise clients about digital marketing landscape developments and ensuring that campaign strategies are adapted in a timely fashion to meet all relevant requirements
- Ensure that customer reporting utilises the right metrics, delivers robust insight, includes clear actions and relates clearly to achievement against agreed objectives
- Able to Project Manage all elements of the CRM delivery for a client from Insight & Planning of the campaigns through to the briefing & execution
- Ability to write a client/data brief and to be able to critique and add value
- A good working knowledge of external data sources that can help a Client – both open and paid for
- Own the commercials and actively ensure that we are working in an effective way to deliver sustainable margins
- To ensure awareness of the clients primary marketing channels and their value and relevance to target consumers
- Drive client strategy and become the primary client contact for your key clients, ensuring the agency provides a lead agency role.
- Ensure regular contact with the client providing updates on services and outstanding work
- Accountable for ensuring that work is presented to the clients is to quality, time and cost
- Be able to provide a high level consultancy service to clients as well as strong execution and planning
- To prepare and deliver top quality proposals and presentations to customers to demonstrate progress and upsell additional products and services, ensuring that documentation and presentation material follows all company style guidelines.
- To understand the make-up of the current client solution application/technology and how this will evolve over time
Skills & Experience:
The ideal candidate will have experience of working in a Marketing/Advertising Agency, with a solid understanding of the basic elements of data and marketing, through the line/ATL/BTL experience and skills (although with CRM as a core skill set) would be a distinct advantage and preferred within the candidate search.
You’ll be resilient and able to build good working relationships with clients at a senior level, together with a demonstrable track record of delivering for the client when working to tight deadlines.
You will be an ambitious self-starter looking for fast career progression with a real desire and inquisitiveness about where Marketing/CRM is going. Developing good relationships with all clients – through strong project management of their jobs but also through communication – keeping them informed at all stages, listening to clients, talking through comments to fully understand what they want. You will be able to provide solutions to problems rather than just asking for them.