Job Title: Business Analyst
Location: Chilcompton (Occam), includes travel across locations throughout the UK.
Purpose of the Role:
The Business Analyst role exists within the Quality Assurance team as part of the Delivery department within Occam. This team is made up of Business Analysts and Test Analysts and is responsible for providing the Occam client base with expert advice on the specification and design of marketing technology solutions and ensuring these solutions are designed and developed with the customer requirements at the forefront of all considerations.
The Business Analyst will work directly with our client base on multiple concurrent projects to extract and elicit requirements, communicate and validate these whilst in conjunction with internal teams and stakeholders formulate necessary designs to satisfy these requirements. The role is central to ensuring that the solutions developed by Occam satisfy the business requirements that the customer expresses.
Key Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Critically evaluate the information gathered during the requirements elicitation process.
- Ensure compliance with the project objectives and scope.
- Recommend changes to the solution based on any identified changes to requirements.
- Proactively communicate requirements with external and internal customers through the delivery of high quality documentation (such as Discovery documents, use cases, functional specifications and data mapping documents) and formal and informal presentations.
- Own the Analysis documentation (Discovery Document use cases, functional specifications, data maps) throughout the lifecycle of the project and ensure these are maintained in response to changes in line with Occam change control procedures.
- Work with Commercial, Delivery and Technical staff along with the Client to validate that the designed solution successfully meets the agreed requirements to the full satisfaction of the client.
- Act as the bridge between the customer community and software development team by working collaboratively and communicating effectively at all levels.
- Professionally represent Occam and develop relationships with the client base to support the identification and exploitation of new business opportunities, including pro-actively identifying potential solutions to the client requirements and providing high level consultancy expertise based on the Occam product portfolio.
- Comply with Occam’s ISO27001 procedures and Data Protection Act commitments and proactively identify issues that are encountered.
- Provide input into the on-going development of the Occam Quality Assurance function.
Skills & Experience:
- Enterprise Analysis – the ability to quickly develop a view of the customers’ business to provide additional context around the requirements work.
- Requirements Planning & Management – the ability to identify the core requirement areas to cover to provide the necessary detail to deliver the project and then the skill to manage this process.
- Requirements Elicitation – the ability to utilise the most appropriate tool or method to identify the customers’ requirements.
- Requirements Analysis & Documentation – the ability to review requirements, analyse against business objectives and document them for consumption by internal and external customers.
- Data Analysis – the ability to capture and review client data and assess the ability of the data to support stated client requirements.
- Communication – the ability to communicate requirements, business issues and technical needs using written word, diagrammatical techniques, presentation and general interpersonal skills to support interactions, relationship building and influencing with diverse groups of people from technical and non-technical backgrounds (customers, subject matter experts, executives).
- Solution Assessment – the ability to reconcile the solution delivery against the requirements.
- Multi-Tasking – the ability to work on multiple projects and manage conflicting demands
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with an ability to tell a compelling story and convey the vision behind approaches.
- Data Design – the ability to formulate a data structure, including the provision of data mapping across multiple data destination points, table design and design of data processing functions.
- Knowledge of data management technology (ETL/ELT, relational database principles, integration approaches, data hygiene/quality)
- Able to work in the detail and at the strategic/high level and flit comfortably between them and all areas in between.
- Equally comfortable in the technical and business domains and able to work across both and act as a translator and bridge-builder between the disciplines.