About Amaze One:
CRM by Amaze One fuses information, ideas and ambition into powerful, profitable and lasting relationships. Amaze One is out of the ordinary and challenges conventional CRM practice by offering a mix of on- and offline services that is unique.
The agency is the collaboration between St Ives companies Amaze Ltd and Occam DM Ltd. It has been set up to break down the inherent silos of traditional CRM processes, providing insight-driven creative communications by blending data and digital disciplines to engage customers and deliver long-term, profitable relationships for clients.
Amaze One brings together more than 40 years’ experience of digital and data services, and a deep understanding of people’s behaviour, into one powerful approach. Its offering includes a breadth of channel and data understanding in a united suite of services – each informing, and being informed by, the other. These include: campaign planning, selection and evaluation; acquisition; lifecycle management; business intelligence and analysis; customer experience planning; content creation; production; optimisation; data management and database design; and marketing technologies.
Amaze One has >35 staff based across four sites in London, Manchester, Bristol and Bath. Existing projects include work from existing Occam and Amaze clients.
What does this look like?
Identify – Through the use of information help an enterprise to enable its marketing departments to identify and target their best prospects and customers, manage customer contact opportunities and generate quality leads.
Inspire – The development of 1:1 relationships with customers, with the aim of improving customer satisfaction and maximizing profits; identifying and inspiring the most profitable customers and providing them the highest level of service.
Inform – Making all relevant information clearly available to all levels within the organization in a seamless fashion, streamlining all existing and future processes.
Innovate – Driving an organization to the next level, enhancing the dialogue with their customers making innovative use of today’s view of the business and data coupled with today’s view of the market.
Job Title: Business Development Manager
Reports To: Commercial Director
Location: Manchester, London or Bristol
Purpose of the Role
The purpose of the Business Development Manager role at Amaze One is to secure new name contracts at a strategic and tactical level to meet new business targets. The role will have three core focuses:
- Developing the Amaze One relationships within St Ives Group companies and maximizing all potential sources of revenue through this sales channel.
- Leading on all IBM centric solution sales.
- Promoting and selling Amaze One’s CRM services to new and targeted brands/businesses.
- Seeking out new name opportunities from within our targeted sectors and utilising the skills and experiences of the Amaze One personnel.
You will act as the first point of contact for our prospects and will be expected to understand their business pains, why they exist and how they impact their organisation. You will appreciate their vision of how these pains are to be resolved and the value it will bring to them.
You will manage, through a detailed engagement plan, the creation of strong relationships across their business. Allowing Amaze One to be positioned as the key CRM services agency that has the capability to deliver their vision, utilising our unique blend of data and creativity to create value for brands.
It is an extremely varied role and crucial to securing the short, medium and long term growth objectives of Amaze One.
You will need the ability to:
- Work with internal marketing teams to generate leads.
- Work with strategic partners and across the St Ives Group to generate leads.
- Qualify leads heavily to maximise ROI in pre-sales resource.
- Manage opportunity through the CRM sales process from opportunity to close.
- Consistently re-qualify all opportunities through a bid review process,
- Travel throughout the UK for face-to-face prospect meetings.
- Be credible in your understanding of our prospect’s business pains and objectives,
- Develop detailed engagement plans that drive opportunity to contract closing.
- Be professional in face-to-face situations.
- Be able to present and demo the basic functionality of the platform (where applicable).
- Create value propositions and business cases for Amaze One services.
- Respond professionally and in a time sensitive way to prospect requests.
- Work closely with pre-sales resource to ensure bid success.
- Be accurate in sales forecasting and work to the process as set up by Finance.
- Work closely with external lead generation businesses to secure new leads/opportunities..
- Meet GM targets through profitable and relevant CRM services wins.
- Communicate clearly opportunity status to your management team and direct supports (senior and junior members of Amaze One),
- Work within a demanding sales environment driven and rewarded by success.
- Manage your time on a daily basis to deliver all targets in a controlled and transparent manner.
- Manage all normal administrative duties.
Interaction with the rest of Amaze One
- Be part of and contribute to an Amaze One Commercial team spirit that breeds success.
- Work closely with Marketing to ensure their activities are supporting the sales process.
- Ensure best utilisation of pre-sales resource.
- Create relationships within the key service directors, leads and practitioners to understand activities within our existing client base.
- Feedback to the Practice ensuring Amaze One is aware of market needs.
- Report to the commercial and leadership team all progress and opportunity status.
- Engage with the finance and legal teams to ensure their understanding of financial and contractual implications of opportunities.
- Work within the Business Management company standards to ensure compliance.
Key Performance Indicators (“KPIs”)
You will be expected to work to the targets and measures agreed with the Commercial Director but specific KPIs for this role will include:
- Achievement of sales targets against forecast throughout the financial year.
- Continuous creation of a well-qualified pipeline at least 4 times annual sales target.
- Delivery of profitable and relevant sales – Gross Margin vs Sales value.
- Delivery of long term, defensible contracts.
Skills & Experience
- CRM and agency side sales/development, preferably into the Direct and Digital marketing industries.
- Experience of CRM pitches involving Planning, Insight, Communications and Production services.
- Range of values of opportunities from £50K to £1m and beyond.
- Minimum 5 years’ new name sales experience,
- Execution of formal solution sales process,
- Development of prospect business cases.
- Experience of producing high quality, ROI based proposals.
- Strong client-facing and presentation skills.
- Resourceful and capable of remaining calm and decisive under pressure.
- Ability to work on your own and in a team.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to build strong colleague and client relationships.
- Strong planning and organisational abilities
Frequent travel to client sites and St Ives offices including Amaze One (Bristol, Manchester & London) as well as other offices within the St Ives group.