Job Title: Data Protection Officer
Location: Bath (Response One), but will include travel across the UK
Purpose of the Role:
As Data Protection Officer, you will have responsibility for the management of Data Protection compliance with the relative legislative requirements including, but not limited to, those of the EU Data Protection Directive, GDPR and the UK Data Protection Act 1998.
Key Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Manage compliance reviews within the group of companies and develop action plans for appropriate areas.
- Devise, implement and monitor policies that comply with legislation and amend as appropriate subject to changes in legislation.
- Ensuring that requests from data subjects are dealt with promptly and in compliance with current privacy law.
- Managing periodic audits of data protection compliance within the company and identifying actions necessary for remediation.
- Responding to all privacy/confidentiality matters related to the privacy framework asked by external regulators, auditors and clients.
- Providing appropriate advice and interpretation of the provisions of the Act as they impact the company’s activities in general and/or specific functions across all service lines and business units.
- Maintaining the general data protection training programme within the company and delivering ad-hoc awareness and in-depth training as necessary.
- Ensuring that the company’s notifications to the Information Commissioner are maintained and up to date and accurate.
- Keep Directors up to date regarding their obligations under legislation.
Skills & Experience:
- Understanding of the European General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
- Values and drives compliance
- Proven ability to establish and maintain a high degree of confidentiality, respect, trust and credibility
- Knowledge of cybersecurity risks and other information security standard
- Qualification in Data Protection or GDPR is desirable