Job Title: Head of Marketing
Reports to : Strategy Director
Purpose of the role:
We are recruiting for a Head of Marketing to lead the responsibility of managing a team that’s focus is to communicate our combined proposition, focusing on creating consistent messaging to the industry and developing strategies and tactics to target specific sectors, businesses and decision makers. Reporting to the board, with a dual focus on brand-building and lead generation this is an exciting and flexible role, offering the right candidate the ability to manage the marketing team.
This is a varied role encompassing all marketing activity for the Four businesses and complete integration with the new business process.
Ultimately, the role of marketing in this environment is the creation and broadcast of a clear, compelling and concise proposition, the success of which is measured on the introduction of new prospects and clients.
Key responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Oversee and provide effective leadership and management to a dynamic marketing team of five (skillsets including design, strategy & planning, campaign management and execution)
- Ensuring staffing levels are maintained to complete all aspects of the Group marketing strategy (including recruitment and mentoring team members).
- Develop marketing strategies to support private client growth
- Manage the development of marketing collateral to support business objectives.
- Liaise closely with the Communications team to ensure activities support marketing objectives and campaigns
- Report on all marketing activities to the Directors and Senior management team
- Manage the departmental budget within agreed financial boundaries.
- Making sure that brand guidelines are adhered to in all marketing activities across the company.
- Ensuring marketing activities meet best practice and legislative requirements with a focus on Data Protection/GDPR requirements
- Assist in the bid management process and ensure this role is performed to a high standard on all pitches and bids of a certain size
Skills & Experience:
- Several years of experience of B2B agency marketing
- Proven line management experience in a dynamic team
- Proven experience of working to a formal sales process with success in meeting commercial objectives
- Proven experience of managing multiple large scale pitches/bids
- Have demonstrable experience of working on effective marketing strategies and campaigns that deliver great results
- Can quickly grasp our customer profiles and develop marketing campaigns that creatively match their needs and are targeted to reach them in a way they want
- Analyse marketing results against objectives and make recommendations for improvements to the marketing plans
- Oversee implementation and continuous analysis of the Marketing strategy – including campaigns, events, digital marketing, communications and PR.
- Confident, driven and dynamic leader
- Entrepreneurial mind-set with the ability to spot opportunities in a competitive environment
- Professional chartered marketer (CIM) or equivalent
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Marketing
- Proven track record of success in senior marketing roles
- Pension scheme
- Life assurance
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- Generous holiday allowance
- Plus more…
Why should you apply?
- Excellent benefits
- Growth and advancement opportunities
- A great team of people
- Relaxed working environment