Job Title: Data Scientist
Purpose of the role:
The role sits within the Data Science team, which provides a full range of advanced analytical, statistical modelling and machine learning services.
We play a central role within the business, with the data management, analytical, statistical and machine learning skills within the team used to support work across Response One. As our business and the marketplace in general increasingly centres around data driven statistical solutions to marketing needs, the role of analytics is becoming increasingly core to everything that we offer. This is why we have a Board member representing the Analytics / Data Science functionality.
Understanding data is critical to helping drive value for our clients. Everything we do – from analysis through to consultancy starts with the data and it is critical that we get it right. The role of Data Scientist is a key one that works closely with Response One clients ensuring that data and the insight their team develops plays a key role in influencing their marketing decisions.
The Data Scientist will be responsible for providing analysis, statistical and machine learning solutions across a range of blue chip clients and sectors including charity, Travel and Leisure, Food and beverages, Retail, Finance and more. The role will also involve working hands on client projects on SAS, R and Python tec. It will involve developing the machine learning knowledge and the knowledge of using new systems to ensure the client outputs are more accurate and speedy. This is a very hand on role looking for prior experience of developing segmentation, propensity models and good exposure to statistical techniques such as regression, CHAID, clustering,
The role will also involve elements of Data Visualisation and telling stories from the data to ensure client outputs are simple and easy to understand and are effective to deploy.
Real-time Analytics – With much of the market moving into real-time analytics, we need to be nimble on our feet and develop solutions which are deployed in real-time. The Senior Data Scientist role will be the main driving force behind this they will need to develop the Response One offering in this area, such as understanding of different Data Management Platforms (DMPs) and how propensity scores can be used to power them in real-time.
Key responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Hands on role analysing client data to produce analytical outcomes to help clients improve their business performance
- Identify, define, develop and deliver the right analytical and machine learning solutions for the clients
- Help tell story from the data and visualise the data in a way which is easier for clients to understand and action
- Ability to quickly understand analytical briefs and produce solutions which directly answer client’s briefs
- Ability to spot analytical opportunities for clients in order to ensure they are given the right solution
- Ability to think outside the box, be creative and think about new ways to tackle the analysis
- Ability to produce real insight from the data and recommend actions on the back of them
- Ability to confidently playback the analysis to the clients
- Good at understanding client’s business context in order to put things into perspective rather than just looking at the data in a silo
- Interpreting analytical output and developing recommendations to feed back to the client
- Developing relationships internally and working to identify ideas and projects that could use ‘insight’ across our internal teams and our external client base
- Comply with Information Security requirements at all times
- Comply with Health and Safety requirements at all times
- Any other Ad Hoc duties as and when required
Skills & Experience:
- Strong and demonstrable experience of working with SAS / R or Python (3+years)
- Excellent knowledge of database structures and data manipulation software such as SQL
- Hands on experience and solid grounding in predictive modelling and segmentation (supervised and unsupervised learning)
- Desire to learn and apply machine learning principles
- Open to using and learning new machine learning systems
- Exposure to a diverse range of statistical techniques like linear and logistic regression, clustering, CHAID, factor analysis, time-series.
- Good communication and teamwork’s
- Ensure that analysis recommendations have implications wider than just the scope and can provide real benefit to the clients
- A practical approach – not too theoretical but able to apply creative thinking to deliver an actionable end product
- Strong attention to detail
- A willingness to work around problems / less than perfect data
- A focus on the end product – with responsibility for many of the deliverables to the client, you will need to be confident everything produced meets our strict quality standards
- Communication skills; face to face with clients, writing blogs and Case Studies
- Always willing develop their knowledge in the field learning from best practices
- Team player who has the work as a fully contributing member of a team
- Managing client relationships, inter and intra company relationships with other sister companies
- Communication skills: ability to interpret client needs and communicate it clearly. Ability to present solutions to the client in a simple and easily understandable manner
- Interact with other members to learn more about the client’s business
- Possess good problem solving skills
- Confidence, enthusiasm and with the energy to make a significant contribution in an organisation
- Pension scheme
- Life assurance
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- Generous holiday allowance
- Plus more…
Why Should You Apply?
- Excellent benefits
- Growth and advancement opportunities
- A great team of people
- Relaxed working environment